Saturday, February 27, 2016

Shadow Box Assemblages

I like to take ordinary objects that you might find around the house and turn them into art. Think of transforming the ordinary into the extraordinary. I happened to have a bunch of little six inch square shadow boxes that a friend gave me when she was cleaning out her art studio. Plus I had a bag full of wooden odds and ends such as spools, clothes pins, small wooden blocks, knobs....because you never know when a use may arise for them. I used an egg carton to hold my acrylic paints. I painted the shadow box and objects in eye popping colors and used white glue to attach everything once the paint had dried. Now I have a conversation piece to add to my book shelf. This project is fun for children since they are thinking outside the box (ha ha) as to what constitutes "art".
/>

No comments:

Post a Comment