Sunday, January 24, 2016

Batiks on Paper with Crayons

I brought home a whole bag of crayons from school this week in the hopes of finding a project to use some of them up. Every time I turn around it seems as if more crayons have appeared in my school cupboards. I love batik and this project mimics the look of that process. I drew the flower on 80 lb white drawing paper. I layered on as much crayon as I had patience for. I then cumbled up the sheet of paper. You do have to be a bit careful, I ripped mine slightly. I flattened the paper. I then covered the entire drawing with a diluted layer of India ink. This settles in the creases giving the feel of batik. I blotted off the excess with paper towel. When it had dried I ironed out the creases as best as I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment