Sunday, November 30, 2014

Clothes Pin Dolls

Clothes pin dolls are fun and easy to make, particularly if you already have odds and ends of fabric, trim and buttons on hand. Children today are not necessarily familiar with clothes pins, but from Colonial times until just a few decades ago they would have been a necessity in every household. Turning them into dolls is a form of folk art. My husband drilled holes for me so that I could insert the pipe cleaner arms. I cut the pipe cleaners so that they are the same length as the height of the clothes pin. To attach the fabric clothing I used white glue and a small sponge brush. I coated the entire piece of fabric with glue and wrapped it around the doll. The hair, faces and shoes were rendered with magic markers. The foil is actually a foil tape.
Anyone else enjoy making dolls from clothes pins?

3 comments: